Monday, September 8, 2014

Ready For Take Off: An Interview With Author Rebecca McLendon | Novel Ideas

Rebecca McLendon is a new writer, but this new writer title has a
twist. She has years of experience with words. As a teacher she taught
the written word, and as a retiree she has dedicated her time to
learning to fly and writing a book. That book is called “The Day I Grew
Wings: Journey of a Soul With A Destiny.” 



What’s this new book about?


It’s about learning to fly!


“It all began when we decided to
get an airplane. I looked forward to riding with my husband over the
countryside and enjoying the scenery. But one day he dropped the bomb.
He told me I would need to learn to fly the plane, because, should
something happen to him up there, I would have to put it on the ground. I
began waking up at night silently screaming because I felt I was flying
out of control up there with no way of getting the plane down. We
ordered the Ground School materials, and thus the journey began. I had
overcome cancer. I could do this too. My new song became, “I believe I
can fly.” As instruction continued, and the hours added up, I suddenly
realized I was a pilot.”



Let’s see what Rebecca has to say about her experiences as a writer!

Ready For Take Off: An Interview With Author Rebecca McLendon | Novel Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!